We worked with resident children aged 6 to 18, and assessed the operation for potential volunteer program improvements and new initiative recommendations.
- Activities with children ranging from learning games to homework assistance to gardening.
- Initiated an on-site gardening project that involves the children and provides variety in their diet.
- Purchased agricultural supplies, equipment and raw food material.
- Debriefed Orphelins Sida International and Dayspring on activities, observations and issues.
- Presented recommendations on topics ranging from improved nutrition, education and healthcare to agriculture techniques.
- Recommended a long-term agricultural initiative to generate supplemental revenue for the facility.
Learn more about Orphelins SIDA International.